How to create a Vignette?



Vignette sounds very fancy but don't get intimated by the word, its basically more put together look or composition.  it is very easy to create, earlier I have shared   5 tips on how to create a vignette.  In addition to that I am sharing 5 more tips on how I went about creating my vignette today.

How to create a Vignette

1. Start with blank flat surface, it can be a coffee table, console table, window sill, book case, night stand, counter top...

I wanted to create a vignette on my Coffee table today. You can also use tray on your coffee table to create a vignette so it can be easily moved when you need more space. I chose to create vignette today on round place mat  I have.

2. Choose the main object of your display and build your vignette around it. I had these fall beauties blooming in my garden so I wanted them to be the highlight.

DSC_0887

3. Now add other things based on the theme, colors of the decor in your room. Today my theme was fall so I chose pumpkin as my next object.

DSC_0889

4. Include what is meaningful and important to you : such as photos, if you are creating summer vignette - add seashells you have collected on trip, artwork created by your child, you get the idea now :)

I chose to add these pin cones and fall leaf  were collected and painted by my son, they add the texture , warmth , goes with my theme and most importantly make my son Happy :)

DSC_0888

5. Create a Depth : do not just display them in line but build a composition, story to create more pulled together look.

DSC_0886

How do you create vignettes in your home? Is there any other tips you would like to share? I hope this tips will come in handy when you start creating Vignettes for Diwali in your home...

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful is the word! whites, yellows and oranges.. perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your fall theme,Nayana! And yes,vignette does sound a little formal,one of those typically decor terms:-)......I guess it is nothing but arrangement..... I love all your arrangements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful description Nayana :) and gorgeous indeed! I love how you play with simple elements to create something so beautiful and effortlessly chic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...