5 Things to use as flower vase this Diwali


Flowers are always staple in Indian festivals, Weddings and Puja and they makes the room look fresh, live and smells good too :) Here are five different things that you can use instead of regular glass vase that will make your flower arrangement more unique this Diwali.

6-5-2013

1. Watering can:

Watering can makes a great vase, whether you have one made of copper, brass, metal or ceramic one.

DSC_0892

DSC_0825

2. Tea kettle : Whether its Brass one or Ceramic one... flowers and Tea kettle makes a great combination.

DSC_0748

3. Uruli :

If it is made of glass, stone or brass, few floating beauty always looks good and unusual.

DSC_0146

Add few candles and there is magic right there :)

Diwali floating candles

if you do not Uruli bring out any brass bowl, pottery piece or glass bowl and it will look good...

DSC_0402

4. Pickle jars :

If you have traditional indian pickle jars then they looks the best but I have few painted ceramic ones and here is how I have used them...

DSC_0872

DSC_0305

5. Mason Jars :

This can be found in any home's pantry :) Whether you are using colored , plain, single or many they always looks beautiful.


DSC_0449-2

I hope this inspires you to create unique flower arrangement this year. Do you use unusual things as flower arrangement, if so do share in comments. we would love to know :)

Click here to see my other Diwali decor inspirations.
 

8 comments:

  1. Love all your arrangements,Nayana! Each one is more beautiful than the other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower arrangements ! I love urulis the most .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nayana, Love your brass Tea kettle !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your first water can. Great post. Back in India I and my mom welcome every day with natural floating flowers in entry way. Now I use a glass pyrex bowl occasionally to do the same. Mansion jars are always cute :) Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoyed this post.. i think i have used all of the above except the watering cans . After my trip to france (saw flowers in watering cans everywhere in the countryside), i have to buy me some rustic looking water cans.

    loving all the diwali posts..

    ~deepa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple but thoughtful and awesome post! Nayana I have always loved your images...visual treat they are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my!! how lovely.. such good ideas..:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...