Upcycled Doodle Planters

I have a hard time letting go of pretty glass bottles or plastic containers. So whenever I see a bit of potential , instead of throwing them in to recycling bin I hoard them.

This year I went crazy at the garden center and bought lots of annuals. Used all of the planters I had but still had few plants left and I was also looking for some small planters to put on a patio table. So I went to look on my stash :) and found 3 plastic white containers.




They were right size, so I drilled a hole very carefully for drainage using knife. You have to be really careful because plastic can break very easily. Planters were ready but little boring so they needed something to look less plain :) first thought was to spray paint, quick and easy but then I thought of doodling with sharpie and let flowers add the colors.


Great thing about doodling is there are no mistakes. I started doodling ,it was very quick, without any forethought and just went with the flow. 


I did free hand design on two then I thought of adding geometric shape/triangles on third one, but I don't have any patience so after two rows of triangle I became lazy and quickly added few inspirational words to complete it :)


From other angle so you can see design on all sides 



So do you upcycle lot of things? Any unusual , up cycled planters you have created....would love to know :)

P.s. Bloggers app is coming really handy for lazy blogger like me. All the pics from phone and the post created using blogger app on phone :)


12 comments:

  1. Nayana, Even your free hand is beautiful....:-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow loooks very pretty! Usually I save the plastic boxes and re-use them freeze marinate chicken or store fresh cilantro in the refrigerator. Your Doodle Art looks great!

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very creative. The flowers look good in them. Enjoy the spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...have a great summer you too :)

      Delete
  4. Nice blog you have here. A super easy way to make holes in these plastic containers is to heat a screwdriver ( heat the tip of the screwdriver by holding it over the gas flame ) and push the hot metal part at the bottom where you intend to make the holes. The plastic melts easily and does not crack. I use the yoghurt containers all the time as planters after I spray paint them.
    Shoba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a great tip Shoba...thank you so much and I am glad you liked the blog...do keep visiting often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recycling is an art.. and you master it, Nayana!!
    Love those containers.

    A few years back I used plastic containers as planters too. Here is the link to the post, if you haven't seen it before. http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2012/07/this-time-last-year.html

    This post has inspired me to go back to recycling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are so talented. Love to see your ideas.

    --Geetha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...