Flower arrangement - Blue, White and Gold


My mother in law know that i have thing for old, vintage and brass items so this summer when she visited us, along came few of the family heirloom which i have talked about here. She also passed on to me one of her brass kettle which has been used so much to serve tea and is not in pristine condition but I love it.

and of course I had something else in mind then serving tea...

DSC_0721
 
DSC_0715

White daisies are from our tiny backyard...they only blooms in fall which is good as all summer flowers fade away this time. I have to keep fighting arguing with hubby every year to keep this plant alive as we dont have much space, this plant always comes in a way. Bring on the pruning time next year and I m ready to fight for it..because its worth it...ha..ha!!
DSC_0746
 
DSC_0748

So are you crazy like me when it comes to heirloom, brass items?Do you love to use unconventional things as vase? whats are the different things you have used as vase?

26 comments:

  1. The flowers look really beautiful in your brass kettle!white and gold,what a regal combination!I have a couple of shankhs from one of our visits to the beach.....Tomorrow I am planning to put in some flowers in them.Let's see how they look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vandana..flowers in sea shell will look great. I hv seen that arrangement on Vidya's blog WYHS and it looked pretty good.

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous Nayana. Don't let those daises go, ever! And I am sure you know that I have absolutely fallen for your gorgeous brass kettle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manasa..Daisies r my fav and I will fight for it..ha...ha!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful daisies and I must say that brass kettle can serve as a pretty vase. Lovely clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your brass kettle Nayana.........I've been on the look out for one like this but in vain. And don't let go of that daisy bush, the blooms are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gorgeous! and how thoughtful of your mother-in-law!
    i have kettle in the same shape - copper, i should try sticking some flowers in it - thanks for the inspiration.

    ~deepa

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Nayana, this is my first time on your blog and I am in love with it. The arrangement looks so fresh, sweet and beautiful. I just wish you had posted slightly bigger photographs.

    White lillies - awww..!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Surabhi...if you click on the pic , you can see them big in my Flickr page and flowers are Daisies ;)

      Delete
  7. Hi Nayana. love the rustic look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nidhi!! I love rustic , vintage things :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful flowers...never thought of using a kettle as a flower vase. The color combinations are just perfect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the use of the tea pot. You all are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantabulous..this sure looks classic and the white daisies took it to another level. Love all the clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an idea...completely in love with your brass kettle.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The daisies combined with the brass kettle just look phenomenal. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you have done with the flowers and kettle! So earthy and rustic. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nayana..Loved the arrangement so much! I wish my in laws have any heirloom as my sister took all from my parents when I was not interested in them :(
    btw what is that red pin thing? very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...