It is all about heirloom today


If you are a regular reader here at CDL then you know that I love traditional Indian items specially metal ones...brass, copper, pittal and if you are new here at CDL then you now know something about me :)

Today's vignette has all of them but more importantly with the addition of heirloom so beware its a picture heavy post :) 

DSC_0267
I love these items but I love it, heart it to the core if they are heirloom, feels proud in possession that sometime belonged to mom-in law or great great grandma and there is always a memories with them. If you have treasures like this in your family hold on to them ....generations will cherish it :)

DSC_0274

Beautiful Dianthus flowers are from our small patch of green in the backyard.

DSC_0273
Vase that gracing beautiful pink Dianthus is a pittal glass that my mother-in law got in her wedding from here maternal side and same is for the tray in which I have created the vignette.

DSC_0264
Tray is actually a pittal plate/thali they used to eat everyday food before the days of steal and glass.

DSC_0241
I really love this copper dibba(container) , it belonged to hubby's great great grandmother. I love the aged patina of this one.

DSC_0282

In between these great heirloom items I have my stone towers and Buddha to make it more serene.

DSC_0296
Stack of few books and nilkanthvarni (lord swaminrayan's childhood form) statue which was a gift from a dear friend.

DSC_0284
Our Rose bushes are full of blooms and few of them are floating in urli....

DSC_0251
So do you have heirlooms that you love having in your home or have memories or feel proud in their possession?


Linking it to the Colours Dekor , Project inspired linky party, Inspire me Tuesday

17 comments:

  1. I love the flowers floating in the uruli.
    viji

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! the vase and the thali are to die for..the perfect metallic yellow! i love those!! I am going on a short trip to India this summer and it is on my to do list - to scavenger hunt in my parents attic for treasures from the past.

    and beautifully styled too nayana!

    ~deepa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deepa...ohh..I am sure there will be some lovely addition to your treasures after India trip.

      Delete
  3. Oh,how lovely this is Nayana,I love each and every detailing of this vignette.Those stone towers are my favourite,did you glue them up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Arani ....yes I hot glued them , I am not able to post link here but if you click on stone tower in tis link you will be redirected to my post.

      Delete
  4. Those flowers are so pretty and the arrangement fantastic.Even I love these pittal vessels and have few inherited ones from my grandmom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leena...how nice that you have your grandma's treasure with you.

      Delete
  5. Nayana, Your thali styling looks so beautiful. The only brass I have is the urali and 2 tall deepam. Wish I had few collection of brass....next India trip, I will pick them for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reshma...that's how it starts :) with few item then as time will go...I am sure you will have a collection to talk about :)

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous Nayana. Inspired by you, I have asked my MIL not to discard stuff before I have laid my eyes on it ;)

    That statue of Lord Swaminrayan is beautiful. Since, in the initial pics the focus was not on this statue much, I thought you missed it. But glad you talked about it in the later part of the post.

    You have a treasure in you home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowww lovely one u arranged it so perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nayana...your blog doesn't like me.....I was the first one to comment and now I don't see my comment anymore! I love all the pieces! Even I have some silver goodies from my Mom's wedding and I have proudly displayed them all around. Feels so good every time I look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Nayana, I also love brass items, and have a small collection in my home. loved your arrangement too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really have a very fine sense of aesthetics!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you have given them a totally new lease of life. Looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...