Home tour - Treasure filled home of Ruma Rajpal in New Jersey, USA part -I


Hello Hello beautiful people...missed me. I have been missing in action here on blog since past two weeks but I am all here to make it up today with a beautiful home tour of Ruma Rajpal.

Ruma Works in investements and lives in New Jersey, USA with her husband and 4 year old son, who is a bundle of energy :) I am surprised and curious to know Ruma that how do you keep all this beautiful treasures around with 4 year zooming by :)please share your tips with us.

Ruma says "Our home is very cozy, bright and for us its home sweet home in every sense of the word. We have been in this house for about 7 years now and it has evolved with us. It totally reflects our personalities. The d├ęcor might not follow the norms or trends but is full of things that are special to us.You will find our family pic in the kitchen (love looking at it while cooking:)) and a beautiful sugar and tea pot from my wedding on my dresser holding makeup brushes and Knicks knacks"
This beautiful kitchen cart she has used at entrance is from her in-laws.
 living room4

Ruma says"Our home is full of things that remind us of our lovely annual vacations. We always get a gift for the home whenever we leave it alone and go for a vacation :) My favorite one is the flamingo lamp from Puerto Rico made of wood and carved coconut shell."
entrance

She says "Our design style is eclectic with sleek and clean lines...from furniture to curtains everything is non-frilly."
 living room1
more corners from her living room...
liviing room corner 2


living room

Ruma loves color as you can tell from the pictures. she say it energizes her! Here is the decorating tip from her "I believe a nice lamp and a plant can work wonders for any corner. It makes a place look so warm and cozy! For a dark, empty corner in my dining room I mixed the two by putting a bulb in a vase holding big green leaf. "

vase lamp

Ruma adds "Most of the decoration pieces are from India thanks to both sets of parents and a special thanks to my husband for letting me carry extra baggage every single time :):) I have quite a few antiques and favorite among them are the lovely tea set from my mom's wedding trousseau and the kitchen kart from my in-laws."

kitchen1
Corners of her Family room...

family room2

family room1

family room4
I am sure you would love to see more beautiful corners of her rest of the house so do stop by to see part II of her home...coming soon :)

All the images were provided by Ruma Rajpal.

would you like to do a home tour or show few corners of your  home on Cherish Dream live. write me at nayana.cdl@gmail.com 
  

13 comments:

  1. Its a pleasure seeing at the pics!!Waiting for part II

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!!! Such a beautiful, vibrant, warm and cozy home. Love everything about Ruma's home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nayana, thanks for the lovely post on our home. I am so excited :)
    Disha, Kala - Thanks for the compliments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i especially loved the cart! i might borrow that idea myself for my stairwell landing!

    lovely, ruma!

    http://aalayaminspiration.blogspot.com

    ~deepa

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved the home tour , Nayana...its cozy and beautiful and can feel the sentiments running through it.Waiting for the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warm and Vibrant - reflection of the owners. Worth the excess baggage paid. True Ambassadors of Indian culture !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the lovely compliments and encouragement. I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved it... Especially the bright red sitting area :) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's difficult to pick any one thing or corner as my favorite but those cushions have caught my attention for sure :) Lovely house, Ruma!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for the lovely compliments :)

    Tanya - Those cushions are from Westside in India. Pottery Barn used to have something similar as well but way too expensive. These are called Kashmiri cushions and come in beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely home Ruma. I am in the market for a Daybed. Can you tell us where you got yours. I really liked the geometric pattern yours has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shraddha, So sorry i just saw your comment today. We bought ours from Westelm. www.westelm.com.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...