DIY river stone trivet - Vivaterra knock off

 
When Priti shared this inspiration on their facebook page, I liked it very much but then it got out of my mind..but it was meant to be thats why it came in path again on pinterest.
28ad37529e5a4c3ee25f410fceceb38e
This inspiration picture is from Vivaterra and now get ready to see my knock off :)

Its super easy project..here they have used felt pad as the base but I wanted something sturdy and I also wanted to give makeover to my Ikea cork trivets. it comes in a set of 3 for $2.99
DSC_0698
I had white stones collected from beach and got one bag from dollar store..mixed them all selected them according to the size.

First I arranged all stones on the trivet before applying hot glue. I did not go for any particular pattern but just wanted to make sure they fit in nicely before I glue them.
DSC_0700
Then I hot glued all the stones and voila my stone trivets are ready
DSC_0704
I only did 2 because I like two as set and I am gonna use 3rd on for another project :)
DSC_0718
This can be also used as a base to put planters etc. I always loved the earthy feeling of stones/pebbles. They look so natural...

You can make placemats, table runners etc. by gluing stones to the felt, netted backing. it will give natural look to table setting.
Linking it to Colours dekor, Inspire me tuesdays Project inspired linky party

12 comments:

  1. Nayana they are looking so cute what an easy DIY and super useful. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are beautiful! Love them, and love your blog! I'm a follower! Thanks for sharing! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  3. So wonderful, I've got goose bumps from the texture of cork and pebbles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeha..your comment always makes my day:)

      Delete
  4. Oh this is very creative and useful too ! will surely try !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you do try..would love to see the pics :)

      Delete
  5. itz a supercool idea...im flattered with it nayana...thx 4r sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your trivit, what a great idea. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look perfect! Your love for your hot glue gun must have grown multi-folds after seeing this. Isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...