Modern meets traditional.....


We installed Shelves in Jan 2012 in our dining room wall. Back then we did not have much of the treasure to display but slowly we have added a few items, I love metal items and specially our traditional Indian brass items...I am happy that my collection is slowly growing...

DSC_0278

I love how modern shelves lighten ups the traditional items...

DSC_0760

I do get asked about the shelves a lot....I have purchased them from Bed bath and beyond. I think they were $39.99 and I am pretty sure I had used 20% coupon :)

DSC_0224

Installing them was a bit of a pain. It does comes with templates but nail position on the template were not aligned with the position on shelves.  So we had to check for each shelf and mark the position on template. 

We first arranged it on the floor and decided on layout. Then we put the templates on the wall using painters tape. Hubby did a great job on installing them.
DSC_0242

And Now I have added my  DIY Twig mirror
DSC_0506

So do you mix traditional item with modern elements or have a crush on metal/brass items?
Linking it to Colours Dekor, Southern lovely, Treasure hunt thursday, Open House Party ,  Home and Garden thursday, Home Sweet Home, Be Inspired Friday

11 comments:

  1. Interesting shelving design and lovely Indian treasures. The twig mirror is a nice tough. My style is eclectic, but my decor items are much different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shelf design looks unique and interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the trinkets displayed on them too.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!I like to put amish mash of items in my shelves.yours are nicely planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this contrast very much - the modern shelves emphasize the precious traditional items on display :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks very pretty and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific shelves - marvelous idea to lay them out on the floor and to use the tape as a template - love it! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WANT THOSE... I WANT THOSE!! These are the most beautiful shelves I have ever seen. And when I say I want those shelves, I mean WITH the amazing nick-nacks. Absolutely fabulous. I wish I could see it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want those shelves too... but I don't see them any more on Bed Bath and beyond website any more:(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...