Let the walls do the talking....

When you have a small kids you tends to put more things on wall then on floor :)

DSC_0277

We have an open plan living dining room. Red hand embroidered piece is a 12 ft long wall hanging on flat arch that separates both room. There are many stalls for traditional clothes, bed spreads, hanging at law garden, Ahmedabad, India. I bought this piece from one of the stall. I gave red cloth and measurement to the tailor who stitched embroidered piece on red cloth with piping and made some hooks. we hung with push pins. I am guessing this piece probably belonged to kutchi woman/artisan before.
DSC_0280

Canvas print you see is of Lord Swaminrayan in his childhood form as Nilkanth Varni. we liked the vintage effect and serenity and calmness it brings to the space.
DSC_0261

Photo gallery was the first thing we created in this house. frames are modern choice but I like the play of old and new. Bird mobile hanging in the corner was made by my sister and sis -in-law using tiniest beads and sea shells(kodi)
DSC_0302

Red diagonal wall hangings are in pair which was hand embroidered by my sis-in-law hangs on both sides of flat arches.

DSC_0277

Day light savings are in effect and I like that the days are getting longer...our house is west facing and get a lots of afternoon sunshine which I adore except 2 hot summer months. Sunshine makes the mood to take out the camera....and I seriously did not climbed on the chair to take few shots...well may be I did :)

Linking it to Open house party, Home sweet home, Be Inspired Friday  ,Feathered Nest Friday , Colours dekor

11 comments:

  1. Those wall hangings are beautiful! Add so much color and life to the room.
    Amazed to see how neatly the square piece has been embroidered by your SIL. I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved touring your blog. Beautiful pictures and posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wall hangings are really beautiful...love the way you have so nicely combined the traditional and the contemporary maintaining overall harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the post.Beautiful wall hangings.Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..... Lovely idea, nagana !!!,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the diagonal wall hangings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am simply in love with the colorful pattern!! I don't have kids, but I have two naughty cats so everything goes up on the wall in my home, as well :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I like the play of colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...