DIY Twig Mirror


Few days ago I was gathering few branches in my yard for a project (which did not happen) and I came across a thick branches and it hit me so I got the Branches inside and took out $1 dollar store candle plate mirror that I had bought to make sunburst mirror :) 

photo(2)

This is the only supply you need - Tree branches - mirror - Glue gun -Pruner

This is was one of the project where I did not have clear picture of the finished project and I went with the flow.

There were not many round branches so started cutting them using pruner. I arranged them in a way that I could make twig frame. I had to try so many arrangements and when I liked the look I hot glued branches to mirror.

photo

I took it near the window and took few shots but I wasn't entirely happy with it..as the branches were not perfectly round I did not like the mirror showing up from side.

DSC_0408

So I put the mirror back on table, cut few more pieces of branches, went with the flow and started arranging on sides.

DSC_0417

and when I was happy with the layout I hot glued them...

DSC_0420

I put the finished mirror on the bathroom wall...there is no natural light so its hard to take good picture...

DSC_0431

I felt that it looks kind of small all alone so I moved it and put it on the shelf which I will show you tomorrow with updated shelves. I think the trio of this would look great or I may pair it with other mirror arrangement in future.

I thought of painting the branches but for now I like the rustic look , I can always paint later when I need change. If you want colored branches, spray paint it before you hot glue them so it will be easier. If you do not have glue gun , I think crazy glue will also work. This is my 2nd DIY with glue gun and I like my glue gun...it adds new idea in my head.

17 comments:

  1. Great idea. I could set up a shop with all the twigs in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it unpainted too. Very unique and looks great, not to mention it's really inexpensive - bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow, that looks soo classy Nayana! cannot wait to see the pic with the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea Nayana, Twig mirror is looking absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful and innovative Nayana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful and innovative Nayana.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, how fun and what a clever idea. Thanks so much for joining TTT and Happy Easter. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the sweet mirror! Working with simple, natural materials is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, Nayana! This is my first visit to your blog, and this is a really fun project...that costs almost nothing to make!!!! That's the best part of it!!! It looks terrific, too! It has a very rustic look that makes it great for so many different areas around the home. Very clever idea! (visiting from Marty's Tabletop Tuesday)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for the lovely words :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! You were the link before me at the Southern Lovely link party, so I wanted to stop by and say hi! I think this is such a cute idea! Adapting this idea for coasters or napkin rings would be so cute for a Spring or Summer outdoor party! Thank you for sharing!

    Cheers,
    Julia
    It's Always Ruetten

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks terrific! Inspired idea to use the mirroed candle holder - love it - I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The glue gun is working for you!! You are beaming with one awesome idea after another. Keep up the creative work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really Cute.. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...