Chocolate covered pretzel rods/sticks



DSC_0485
To make this Yummy treats you need
- Pretzel sticks/rods

DSC_0454
I wanted to make this for kids so I cut pretzel rods in half and dipped the cut side in to chocolate.

-Milk chocolate chips
I used Wilton's candy melt
DSC_0467

- Sprinklers of your choice 
This is optional if you want plain chocolate pretzels
I used Rainbow sprinklers, Coconut powder and almond poweder
DSC_0457

- Cookie sheet covered with wax paper to put dipped pretzels.

Recipe :
Microwave chocolate chips for 1 min, stirring in between at 30 seconds. do not overheat as the chocolate will crack when dried. after 1 min when I looked it didn't look completely melted but when I stirred it was. I melted chocolate in small batch at a time.

Once the chocolate is melted dip the pretzel rods. if you are using bigger roads spread the chocolate with spoon or knife half way up. drip away excess chocolate by twisting the rods.

Iimmediately sprinkle sprinklers of your choice. keep plate or wax paper underneath. Once the pretzel is coated with sprinklers put on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
DSC_0481 

Coconut ones are mine and hubby's favorite and my son loves rainbow sprinkler ones.
DSC_0483
Note: I stacked them on cookie sheet only when they were dried to make a room for some more. when you are putting them initially on cookie sheet keep them little apart so they don't stick to each other.

Repeat this procedure until you have coated all pretzels.

DSC_0486
Let it dry...mine was dried and ready in about half our. I stored them in air tight container.

DSC_0505

We love the combination of sweet and salty, I have also tried pretzel squares with Hershey's kisses and m&m. will share some other time...

I am not a foodie person but neither is my son but he gets so excited when I cook, bake something new which inspires me to try new things. does this happen to you?
Linking it to Treasure hunt thursday, Open House Party , Home and Garden thursday,Home sweet home, Be Inspired Friday,
Colours Dekor 

7 comments:

  1. Yum! Easter greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these pretzels looks real delish! Thanks for sharing and for your lovely comments on my post.I am your newest follower.
    Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter.


    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...looks awesome. I'm on my way to the store for pretzel rods...:))
    over from Common Ground

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all...we loved it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh, yum! These look terrific - love the combination of salty and sweet! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...