Crayon Monogram Art

DSC_0022
'O' for OM

This is what I was working on today. yes, crayon art for lil Om's playroom. super easy and will look super cool in playroom, don't ya think?*smile* I love how it turned out.

Inspiration was found on Rainy Tuesday Mornings blog via favorite source Pinterest. If it interest you, Tutorial and template for letters is available on Rainy Tuesday Morning blog.

What I did was, drew o with bowl...lol and broke the crayons from middle using push pin(worked wonderfully). First I did arrangement on plain printer paper. I didn't had card stock or heavy duty paper so I took out my water color sheet, cut to the size and again drew o with bowl*smile* then put a glue over the letter and transferred crayons in the same order so did not have to think of proper arrangement again. It was super easy..my kinda DIY. Frame I used is RIBBA shadow box frame from Ikea.

So , one more DIY is checked off from to do list for playroom = me happy.

P.S. Cherish Dream Live is going to start Spotlight section to feature Artists, DIYers , Bloggers, Photographer etc. If you are one of them and would like to showcase your work here write me at nayana.cdl(at)gmail.com

Linking it to Metamorphosis Monday , Motivate Me Monday , Craft catwalk and Weekly Story

21 comments:

  1. Very cute, Nayana! I had done something similar for my kids' teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @hvp- great idea.the blog where I found inspiration, she did for teacher's gift too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats definitely a super cool art Nayana. You are doing up kid's play room very nicely....doing up kid's room is always a fun. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one wonderful, I love what you've done with crayons.now I know what to do with the bucket full of crayons lying around.thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been meaning to do this for my daughter M's teacher as a thank you gift when she finishes kindergarten. I have to do the letter P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this project! i'm hosting a grab bag giveaway over at my blog and i'd love for you to stop by and check it out- http://www.thelovelypoppy.com/2011/11/21/giveaways-galore-part-four/ xoxo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this! So pretty and what a great use for crayons. I am a new follower visiting from Motivate Me Monday. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Very innovative and nice and easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, a neat execution of your inspiration. This should make a great spot in your kids room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this s innovative nayana...love this

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like so much fun!! :) Very neatly done Nayana! And am glad about your spotlight feature! looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is an interesting idea! it is lovely isn't it, when you can easily accomplish something that looks good? Immensely satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute idea! It came out great! I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back =-)
    Beth
    www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my.. thats truly lovely!! Nayana.. I am sure I was following you.. is something wrong with blogger.. Hummm... Anyway.. I am now!!

    Thanks for sharing this on CD :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was cute Nayana and all those inspirations you shared. The play room is going to look wonderful I am sure and will look forward to seeing it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...