Diwali Decor - Light up with Candles

Hello my lovelies.....How are you all? Ready for lighting, rangoli, sweets.....? This weekend I managed to add a lil bit of lighting in my home for Diwali Decor...have a glimpse...

DSC_0476-1

Brass vessel, floating candle, red dupatta of hubby's sherwani as table runner and It looked every bit of festive :) Big brass bowels are passed on to be my Mom in law and small brass bowels were from my Mom.

DSC_0439-1

DSC_0446-1

DSC_0462-1

I thought hubby's sherwani dupatta looked very charming as a table runner so I couldn't help but using his other yellow sherwani dupatta between candles on shelf .....If you try something like this then be very careful that it should not touch the flame specially if you are using Diyas...we all want Happy Safe festival.....

DSC_0460-1


In India on Diwali we start lighting diyas on Wagh baras (day before Dhanteras) and do til Pancham(fifth day after Diwali) maximum diyas will be lighted on the Day of Diwali...

With so many inspiration around in the blogland I am so ready to try different options for lighting on this Diwali....Have Happy Festive Season to you and your family my friends....

Linking this post to of spooks and sparkle at Patty and Itz Festival time- 2011 at Emreen

19 comments:

  1. Very nice pics, Nayana! Your home looks so festive and ready for the holidays!I love to repurpose so loved your dupatta idea.
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a beautiful job with the candles. Happy Diwali to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea and everything looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They simply look fantastic. Yes, blog land is full of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful light and colour, warm right through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful images.i did something similar.its on Prismma ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Diwali Nayana. Wishing you all the best for the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so nice. I have to gear up for Diwali now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely loved the idea of the red dupatta. My husband will be all too willing if I did the same. That's a fantastic idea...he has a maroon and gold one that I could use for decor! Wah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooha...such a beautiful spread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very Happy Diwali to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Nayana , love the way you have done your Diwali decor.simply gorgeous!! Have you checked my shopo wish list ?all their wares are lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nayana... Happy Diwali.. to you and your loved ones.. All the lights and sparkles are simply magical.. Hope you had a lovely celebration..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pictures, Nayana! Your candles look so stunning and pretty! Hope you had a great Diwali!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful Nayana.... You must tell me sometime how you took these gorgeous photos ;-) ;-) ... !! I love the way the dupatta blends in so well with the decor... Lovely idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow awesome Nayana love it very much so creative :) your clicks are super cute

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so magical Nayana, perfect Diwali decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Narayana madam

    Namaste. Happy Diwali wishes to you, to your family members and friends.

    Narayna madam you have a amazing blog with colourful pictures of interior decoration, arts, crafts etc. Narayana madam your blog and your knowledge on Interior design is useful for Interior designers.

    Narayana madam best wishes for your Interior design, arts, and crafts projects.

    Narayana madam this is my Diwali message "Lamps of India" which i shared in my Heritage of India blog.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/09/lamps-of-india.html

    Narayana madam please look into my Lamps of India message and share your comments.

    Narayana madam i hope you like my blog and join as a member to my Heritage of India blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...