Living Room

Hello My friends, Happy Navaratri !!
Months from Sept to Dec are always so special....So many festivals and Living in US means double the perk. We get to celebrate all festivals from our Indian Navratri , Dushera, Diwali to Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas....Around this time I always feel the joy and cheer in surroundings. Happy times...*smile*

To bring in the cheer of festivals and coziness of coming cold days, I did some changes in the living room and I wanted to share with you all. We haven't purchased anything for this room since we moved in to this house, so I have tried to put together with whatever we already had.
Traditional Raja-Rani puppet on both side of window. Cushions in front are tailored made using brocade material and embroidery patch. we really need some nice curtains here. I really do not like blinds but it needs to be changed on all the windows in house so we will get there.

Sofa was purchased on impulse 3 years ago, If I have to buy now, I would not buy this one but it came with a big price tag and it is comfy so staying and I have to work around that*sigh* . Do you buy things that one day you feel like its must have and after some time hmmm...not so much??

This room desperately new coffee table +end tables, but until my son(one and half year old) keeps doing his adventures here, we are holding on it for lil while. I am not sure how long I can...hum?

and this is my favorite seat in the room, love it. just besides my lazy recliner is the arch between Living and dining room, I have hung hand embroidered 12 feet long piece above the arch and hand embroidered diagonal piece on both side of the arch...today just a sneak peak...


We do have a plan to paint the big wall but until we reach there I have hung a big embroidered piece(can you guess what that is?) in the middle and artwork on both side which are done by me. I feel like the frames on side looks so small but I worked with what I had..again*sigh*

did you guess? its folded twin embroidered bed sheet *smile*

I loved all your wonderful suggestions on my Bedroom here and thank you so much, it gives me great wonderful ideas. so this time I need your input on my Living Room...

Linking it to September carnival at Keybunch, Open House Party , Home Sweet Home Party , Potpourri Party , Fridays Unfolded , Inspiration Friday

33 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful mix of Indian and American in your decorating style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nayana, Thank you so much for sharing your lovely room at the Open House party. The piece behind the sofa is wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! loved the bullock cart piece on the centre table and the hand embroidered wall pieces as well..a very pretty home! :)

    Cheers!
    Poonam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. Thanks for linking in the Keybunch Anniversary Party. My Fav is the bullock cart, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely home you have.missed some of your last posts.was out of town.the one on rangoli is cool.waiting for Diwali to come:)happy dussehra to you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nayana, you have beautiful home!
    I am going through the same problem with the sofa. Mine was an impulse purchase also with a huge price tag so I am living with it. I was smiling while reading that piece thinking I am not the only odd one out who gets tired of big ticket items so soon. I loved your side table/ ottoman. Where did you purchase that from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your living room is beautiful and I adore the artwork above the sofa! That part of it was made by you is terrific. You are so talented!

    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday. I appreciation your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for wonderful comments:)

    hvp - that ottoman is from Ikea..I have a que for you too. Do you blog??

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice bright large room. Its so hard to decorate when you have small children. I just got rid of my recliner, and I miss it sooo much, I did replace it with a nice comfy chair and a half with lage ottomon.
    Happy Fall
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog and a BIG hug for the follow!! made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a beautiful home. As your kid grows up you can always buy the things you desire, maybe the style and your thoughts too may change.
    Yes even I have made impulsive purchases, and have felt how could I have, later. But that is all part of growing up and learning from mistakes.
    Have a wonderful festival season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for stopping by and following me, I am now your newest follower. Have a great week end.
    Hugs
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful Nayana , I specially loved the Bullock cart :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your room is really pretty! I love the embroidery behind the sofa. I also have made do with minimal furniture and tables with things on top with small children in the house. You can add more as he grows. Thank you for linking it up at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so good to see the touch of India in your home, Nayana. I am surprised to see such a well maintained room with a kiddo in the house :) The mommas I know keep telling me that it is an un-achievable task but you have managed it really well.

    Everything is just gorgeous but I could not help but notice the piece of furniture next to the loveseat. Love the shape of it and how you've put it to use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely blog Nayana. I am now following you. Happy Navaratri.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nayana:
    Yes, I do blog! I have changed the settings, so now my profile is visible. I was completely unaware of it. Thanks for bringing it up and the information on the ottoman! Ikea... here I come!
    My blog is www.redcilantro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh.. yes.. yes.. I know what you mean… Same here!! I totally love… Sept to Dec… its like a whole season of love and laughter… *smiles*.. Also.. in our house there are loads of birthdays and anniversaries during these months.. so more partying…

    Totally loved your home.. soooooooooo gorgeous!! Simple.. plain… done up with lots of love that is reflected in each corner.. and in each piece of furniture and knick knacks.. Awesome!! Totally loved your post… Hope you have a fabulous week ahead of you… Thanks for being the first one to link in to Colours Dekor… today.. Totally makes my day! 

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I can't believe your living room looks like that with a 1 and half year old in the house :)

    Mine won't let anything stay in its place. **Sigh** Not even on my Dining table :(

    You know your sofa looks so comfy :) And that room looks so comfy and lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Luved those embroidery pieces,..adds so much colour,luv the decor too

    ReplyDelete
  21. oii ths looks fabulous and shows ur sense in decor...lovely lovely...how well u ve utilized those fabric art work and the bullock cart piece!!! oh i cnt take my eyes from it...can u plz tell me from where u got it?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Navratri Nayana :)
    Yay, a few more weeks for Diwali too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have some great pieces. The back wall would look great if it were painted but the folded sheet is such a great idea and you could still use it on a painted wall later. Looks good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nayana, I hear you! Don't get rid of the coffee table yet, little boys get naughtier as they grow---our previous coffee table was used as a launching pad for tiny astronauts-in-the-making. The poor piece of furniture couldn't hold it together and caved one day! we finally had to get rid of it and get a new one.

    That said, you could try painting it---put in some fancy design or something. But I love your home just as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  25. your room already looks great! and those pretty windows don't need curtains or blinds:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nayana:
    Thanks for visiting me! I am your 70th follower!!Yay

    BTW, is my profile enabled now or did you still have trouble finding me?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like how you've blended art pieces of your culture with our American cultural pieces, like the big leather furniture you don't especially like so much. :) You have a lovely living room.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks everyone for wonderful words.

    hvp- yes, its visible now.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The living room looks gorgeous... Love the bullock cart...!!
    Loved the posts on festival inspirations... !!

    Please do try to participate in the festival/seasonal decor blog party at LTU : http://liventhingsup.blogspot.com/2011/10/itz-festival-time-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, a lovely room. You have kept it so beautifully despite a one and half year old son. Something that's impossible for me to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...