Indo American Fair

I love fairs, exhibitions etc....I love looking at creative things, handmade things, paintings, posters, jewelry , brass articles, block print cushion covers, colorful bags. Yesterday I got a chance to looks at all this and much more at Indo American Fair at NJ. I would not say that this was the best fair I ever went to but considering it was not in India overall we had good time. big indian community, good food, great stuff,dance performances and yesteryear actress Padmini Kolhapure was there too.

here is a glimpse of her for you all....

DSC_0643

Beautiful carved wooden furniture

9-4-2011
I loved chairs and that small table..Ohhh...well, who am I kidding I loved everything :)

Beautiful Jewelry
DSC_0687

stunning collection of metal and brass....

DSC_0685

beautiful mask and warli paintings....
DSC_0683

some beautiful knick knacks....
DSC_0682

and last but not least....
I loved everything in here...
9-4-2012

I loved that kantha boxes.....but I wanted whole tower..not just one and that was expensive*sigh*....

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I like Multi-culti :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great fair. That furniture is amazing and the jewelry looks fabulous. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fair looks so interesting with lots of great shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice meeting you, Iam your newest follower, this way I'll find your newest posts faster and get to know you more. I love Indian things and food, I also love the little table and the trunck too...such great stuff! Thanks for your lovely visit. Have a great week. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like fun! I love the jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful works of art. Lot of effort is put in them to bring them to this stage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would have been a wonderful day out, so much colour and variety.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those chairs are to die for.And yes I too would like to possess those kantha boxes(Wishing):)Hey Nayana , I have resumed blogging.Pls do drop in whenever you get opportunity:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, it must have reminded you of India so much. I have the same wooden Ganesha, I am sure it is not sandalwood although it looks like a sandalwood Ganesha, mine is not of sandalwood.
    I can imagine how you must have enjoyed the Indian community feeling, plus the food

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh.. she looks very pretty!! There is loads of stuff at that fair.. awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow ths s interesting...i love all those knick knacks,masks etc...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so good,..:) specially the furniture nd knock knacks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowwww... it's hard to believe that it's not India :) I guess there's a mini India in NJ. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Divya, It was in mercer county in south. you can look here http://www.indoamericanfair.com/ for more info.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...