Tomato Rose -Tutorial

As promised, here I am with Tomato Rose tutorial.

First start by choosing a tomato that is fresh and firm and sharp knife so it will be easy to carve.

1. start carving at the stem end of tomato as shown above in step 1.
2. continue carving as you would make circle but do not complete circle as shown above in step 2.
3. now peel the skin of tomato in spiral form as shown in step 3 to make a thin strip about 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide.
4. continue peeling the skin to make unbroken strip as shown in step 4.


5. continue peeling the skin till end as shown above in Step 5.
6. now you will have thin long strip and a base as shown in Step 6.
7. now roll the skin as shown in step 7, 8 and 9. Be careful not to tear the skin.



8. roll skin till you reach base circle as shown in step 10.
9. slide base circle under the roll as shown in Step 11.
10. Voila tomato rose is ready as in Step 12.

Note : Strip does not need to be cut very straight , little edges , curves would look good on rose. Rose can be use to garnish Salad, curry or just to add nice presentation to any dish.

If you do try, I would love to here from you....

21 comments:

  1. Every girl should learn to do this one I think ... it's printed and ready for me to practice! Thanks for the how to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh!! This sounds and looks so easy! I wonder why I never tried it. Will do this asap and will let you know :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is lovely!! My mom would make the most gorgeous looking salads.. there would be flowers from carrots, and tomatoes... But.. Im no good at all this.. Never learnt anything worthwhile from her.. *smiles*.. So I'll sit back and appreciate your gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty, this is so so easy. you should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. Interesting idea. This is a rose that you can eat.
    Greetings from Romania.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite clever and very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! So cleaver and creative. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful idea nayana...u r creating magic with tomatoes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been making tomato roses since 1968. It is amazing how easy it is, how difficult it looks and how beautiful it displays. Your tutorial was so good that I'll bet people who never thought they could do it will use them all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW !!!! how lovely. let me try this and this will be my first DIY :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am having some friends over for a small party in the evening and I am gonna try this today itself!! How I love blogland and my friends for sharing such wonderful ideas! Pinning it too. Thanks, Nayana :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh my mom does that too when ever she has guests for dinner.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Love,

    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, I love learning something new. I'll try this today.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. How pretty! Very nice idea for a garnish. Thanks you for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this tutorial on making the tomato rose. Love to link it to my web site. It's a neat thing to dress up a salad isn't it, or a plate.
    Pat
    http://patspinkapron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. How I missed this post earlier. This is super cool, fun and easiest way. Love it and surely gonna try it. Will share pics also :)
    Thanks for sharing Nayana!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Disha and would love to see pics of your tomato roses.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...