Gift wrap - recycling

On friday,I stumbled upon a blog Girl About Home and as I was browsing through her posts I found eco friendly gift wrap ideas, she has so many beautiful ideas, love it.
Coincidentally We had to attend a birthday party on Saturday and we were out of gift warping paper. In our home gift warping dept is hubby's. If I have to take a gift , I would just put it in a gift bag :) but After seeing that post, I got inspired and wrapped a gift for 3 year old's birthday.
I wrapped the gift with news paper then added some plash of color, if you have a kids then involve them and let them be creative, doodle, paint, stickers whatever interest them and they will feel proud with their personal touch.
For the bow again i reused some of the balloon ties we had...i don't throw them :)This is the first timed I have wrapped a gift and I am motivated to do this again. Now on, I am gonna collect all different papers, comics etc... and reuse it in gift wrapping.




Happy Independence Day to all Indians!!
What do you think, like it? Do you wrap your gifts Eco friendly way? Got some more ideas...please share...

18 comments:

  1. its a good idea...love the work on the paper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely.. that surely is a brilliant idea.. We used newspaper last year.. for our xmas gifts.. and the girls drew and painted on them.. and were ever so happy... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Independence Day to you too, Nayana :)

    The wrapping looks good. I am sure your gift with such beautiful wrapping stood out from all the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nayana, those are lovely gift wraps...I always like using newspaper for gift wraps and you've added some great splashes of color to add to the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the up close shot of your ribbon. The colors are really beautiful! :D
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nayana, love the whole idea of recycling, loved your wraps:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely project and good recycling
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a good idea and sensible too. I love the idea of comics too! Thanks for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this looks great Nayana! Take care Anu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect! I love usuing unusual and frugal things for our everyday occasions! Thank you for sharing this with A Return to Loveliness,
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking up at Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner and adding to the fun. The party for this week is going on... hope to see you there again :)

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...