Stir Fried Green Tomatoes Recipie - Indian Style

As you know I am in tomato heaven now a days So I am gonna show you today How to make Stir Fried Green Tomatoes in Indian style.

It goes well with Chapatis(Indian flatbread)and sabji/curry or goes well with cooked rice too.

Ingredients

2 tbsp. oil
2 medium hot pepper, sliced
Salt - per taste
1/2 tsp sugar/per taste
2
hard green tomatoes, cut in med. wedges
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 spoon Fenugreek
seasoning (I will show you how to make)
pinch of Asafoetida




Fenugreek seasoning

This is secret seasoning from both mine and hubby's family. You can make the seasoning once and store it in jar for later use. first take half cup(or whatever amount you want) of dried fenugreek and roast it in a pan. let it cool off and grind in mixer to make powder as shown in above pic.

Now How to make Stir fried green tomatoes...

Heat oil in skillet
add mustard seeds (If you do not have, cumin seeds will work too)
add pinch of Asafoetida(If you do not have, you can skip this step, though it brings great flavor)
add peppers, Stir-fry over medium heat until peppers are crisp-tender.
Add tomato wedges, salt, sugar and cook until partially cooked so it remains crispy.

Serve in plate and sprinkle it with secret fenugreek seasoning, if you want you can skip it and garnish it with chopped cilantro, but I like it better with seasoning.

for variation you can add different color bell peppers too.



P.S. This is the first time I have written a recipe, Pl. do let me know if something is not clear....
Linking it to
Tidy Mom
Inspiration Friday
Fridays Unfolded
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. Your receipe looks delish! I am happily following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried green tomatoes...I'm inspired now. The recipe looks very interesting and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey dids, my mom also used to preserve it like this way,,, n now me tooo,, ya,it really works in lods of recipies,,, and other thing, u can expand yr racipes with green tomatoes if u love it,, green tomatoes and moong dal sabji tastes d best ever,, cheers n enjoy food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Honey and Neha.

    Archana- Thanks, I have never tried this, I will try for sure. I have tried green tomatoes and eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Nayana! I have tried this recipe with Red Tomatoes (with slight variations). Wanna try Green Tomatoes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey... somebody's giving her blog a new look :)
    Keep it up, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tanya -Like new look?or old was better??need an opinion??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clear to me and it looks delicious. Nice twist on an old Southern favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a Southerner I LOVE fried green tomatoes. Am inspired to get some Indian spices and try this version. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy!!they look so delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. just a note to tell you that you are being featured this week on fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's funny....being a Gujju I haven't tried this before. It looks yummy.....I will definitely give it a try!!,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...