Playing with Tomatoes......

Hello My lovelies, How are you all doing and How was your weekend?? mine was super fun....

We are under a heatwave and having a scorching temp but had a super fun day yesterday at Hurricane harbor in six flags. My son had an awesome time...He loves playing in water.

Well, now you must be thinking what she was doing in water park, playing with tomatoes??? patience..patience my dear....coming to the point. Remember the tomato plants I have on my deck, well watering in 100 F degrees is paying off...well it sure feels more than that with the humidity but its worth it with the delicious tomatoes I m getting and look at how much I m getting...tons...literally and there is so many still on the plants I am set on tomatoes this summer. I guess not bad result for growing them in containers. So all my lovelies without yard space, get inspired.

I just reused the containers we got when we did our front landscaping this spring.

So what I have been doing with them??.....playing...ha..ha....no.....no...I mean it for real. I was playing with them and made this centerpiece for my breakfast table on friday morning. isn't it fun playing and making something beautiful...tell me ...tell me. I know you think so too....

Bowls you see here, were passed to me by mother-in law.

So you must bee thinking whats with all these green tomatoes. well these green ones turns in to red delicious in 2-3 days and there was so many on plants so I had to pick few so others will have a chance to grow and As I write half of what you see in pic are red and yellow.

Other thing is I like is sabji/curry of green tomatoes+eggplants and stir fried green tomatoes with green chili as a side so I use green ones too.











So what do you say? did you enjoyed my play???
Pics are straight out of camera.

Linking this post to
Weekend wrap up at Colours Dekor
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On the Porch
A Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life
Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Good life Wednesday at A beach cottage
Table scape Thursday at Between Naps On the Porch
Home Sweet Home party at The Charm Of Home
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Show and tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Creative exchange at Lisa Gorden Photography
Posted by Picasa

28 comments:

  1. I never thought of using tomatoes this way Nayana, and it is just beautiful. Makes a great centerpiece with such beautiful colors! Nicely done!

    Thank you so much for sharing these today at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful evening!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! :) I love it! LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estas são lindas, coloridas, criativas! São magníficas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the tomatoes on your table. And that watering can!! So charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, nice tomatoes. Even I should consider growing them in my balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing shots nayana...wondering hw beautifully u ve used ths tomatoes...ur momnlaws vessel is indeed a treasure....antique vessels are always special...u r a wonderful photographer too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely enjoyed your play. The tomatoes make a great looking centerpiece, both beautiful and delicious. There is nothing like the taste of homegrown tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos Nayana, and those tomatoes look delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One thing's for sure... tomatoes are off your grocery list now. Right? Using tomatoes as centerpiece is such an innovative idea. Love for home grown veggies can do wonders ;) Next summer, it's gonna be tomatoes rather than cucumbers for me.
    Also, I love that kettle kinda vessel with those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing as lovely as fresh fruit and veggies. Love your display. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you my lovelies :) yes, tomatoes are off my grocery list for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Tanya, its watering can I found at lowes on bargain for $4.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty pics! Take those green tomatoes and make Fried Green Tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tablescape with all those tomatoes looks wonderful! I love it! :) I could go for a tomato and cheese sandwich about now.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So colourful tablesacpe...love those copper bowls.
    Beautiful green-orange setting! Thanks for sharing:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tomatoes are beautiful! We've been growing them in pots too! Home grown tomatoes are so full of flavor! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this....it is so bright and summer filled....really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The tomatoes are beautiful. You have created a lovely vignette with them along with your mother's bowls and the watering can. Gorgeous photography!

    Hope you will please drop by and enter my $50 Overstock.com Gift Card Giveaway!! If there are 500 entries, the amount will increase the Gift Card to $100.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tomatoes are beautiful. I grow tomatoes, too. I just had some for lunch. I do believe they are the best tasting ones I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your tomato shots, so full of color and vitamines:) Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Nayana! You really have a green thumb! You have a wonderful bounty of tomatoes!!! They are all so plump and healthy looking! Fried green tomatoes are a staple in the South, and we here in the Midwest tend to enjoy them, too. (Although I think we incorrectly eat them with breakfast rather than with the evening meal as true Southerners do!) You have plenty with which to create wonderful centerpieces AND eat!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your table looks simply delicious! I love how you used your home grow tomatoes...they are beautiful!
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nothing better than the tomatoes of summer! Why not a pretty tomato centerpiece?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great shots! Thanks for adding your link to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love fresh garden tomatoes. It is lovely to see them on the table too. I love fried green tomatoes too. Looks like a perfect plan. Thanks for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nayana, There is nothing more tasty to me than a home grown tomato! Great photos and thanks for joining the Open House party.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a feedback...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...